From the Valley of the Kings to the awe-inspiring ruins of Petra, this 16-day adventure through Egypt and Jordan reveals the sphinxes and tombs of your childhood imagination and then some. Sail down the Nile, visit traditional Nubian communities, dig for obscure treasure in ancient marketplaces and float in the Dead Sea. Be guided by a passionate Egyptologist and a Jordanian local, respectively, for the most immersive possible experiences in two fascinating nations. This tour reveals the iconic sites that you’ve seen on film plus plenty of intimate moments with locals who are proud to invite you into their world.
- Discover the icons of ancient Egypt like the monumental temples of Abu Simbel, the Sphinx, Karnak and the Valley of the Kings with an Egyptologist as your guide.
- Take a whole day to soak up the wonders of Petra on a guided exploration of the Treasury, the cobbled Roman Road, the Amphitheatre and several tombs.
- Spend four nights on a riverboat cruising the Nile, alighting to explore ancient sites and relaxing by the onboard pool as life flows by.
- Travel through the immense red desert landscapes of Wadi Rum and spend the night at a Bedouin camp in a luxuriously furnished tent complete with your own private terrace.
- Enjoy local moments like a homecooked meal with a family in Cairo, visits to Nubian villages along the Nile and a tour of Jordan’s desert with Bedouin hosts.