The cruising route along the Nile is home to ancient wonders, desert landscapes and snapshots of everyday Egyptian life. Take to the Nile Valley on a nine-day Peregrine adventure by river, road and air, visiting the mighty pyramids of Giza, ancient temples of Abu Simbel, Aswan’s vibrant waterfront corniche and Cairo’s bustling Khan al-Khalili Bazaar. Spend an evening with a Nubian community and another with a local Egyptian family for a meal and have plenty of time dedicated to your own independent discoveries in each destination. An ancient past that has led to a colourful present – Egypt is a traveller’s dream.
- A day spent among the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the mighty Valley of the Kings, spend a spectacular morning in Abu Simbel and see both sides of Kom Ombo Temple.
- A four-night river cruise is an ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sun deck and in the pool while local riverside life streams by.
- Discover the traditions and cuisines of Egypt with an included meal at a local family home, plus a memorable evening with a Nubian community, full of food and dancing.
- Cairo's Khan al-Khalili Bazaar is an essential Egyptian experience, and you'll have plenty of time to lose yourself in the colours and aromas of this fascinating marketplace.
- Do like the locals and settle in with a coffee or mint tea amid the chatter and hookah smoke in what's said to be Cairo's oldest coffee shop.