Discover the contrasts of modern and ancient Egypt on this 15-day premium adventure with Peregrine. Beginning and ending in Egypt’s capital, Cairo, gaze up to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, take a four-day cruise down the legendary Nile and learn about the mystery and beauty of these ancient lands through the temple sites, museums and local people. Visit the tombs of ancient pharaohs, share meals with local families and stand in awe of gigantic, rock-cut statues on an adventure with all the creature comforts included as standard. And with a local leader who is a trained Egyptologist, your adventure is set to soar.
- Take your time exploring Abu Simbel with an overnight stay, discovering this magnificent monument carved out of the mountainside at both day and night.
- Relax with four nights on a premium Nile riverboat, cruising slowly down the river past ancient temples, and gazing from the terrace bar and restaurant to local life unfolding on the riverbank.
- See two different sides of Cairo, gazing at the Great Pyramids of Giza from your nearby superior accommodation, and stroll the bazaars and eat local street food in the downtown district.
- Pay your respects at the Commonwealth War Cemetery dedicated to the Battle of El Alamein, and visit the ancient Library of Alexandria turned ultramodern Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- Discover traditional Nubian customs and lifestyle at a dinner experience on Elephantine Island, and in Cairo, enjoy an authentic meal in a local Egyptian family home.