A brilliant opportunity to explore the Omo Valley, home to a diverse and fascinating range of distinct tribal groups. Explore by 4WD with your local leader, stopping at local markets and villages to discover one of Africa’s last great wilderness areas.
NEW UPDATES FOR 2020
In 2020 this trip will be cancelled and replaced with the longer Experience Ethiopia, 14 day trip. Trip code PFLE.
- Uncover the eight distinct tribes that call the Omo Valley home, and gain a deeper understanding and respect for their lifestyle and traditions.
- Venture out on a game walk through the grasslands of the Nechisar Plain in search of zebra, kudu, and gazelle.
- Learn about the importance of scarification and hair grooming for the Karo & Hamar people in the market town of Turmi.
- Perched on a cliff crest, our Feature Stay Paradise Lodge, has spectacular views across to Abra Minch’s ‘Bridge of God’ – take in the scenery during your two-night stay.
- Enjoy a sundowner, local music and dancing on the terrace of our Konso lodge.
- Visit the less well-known Daasanach and Ari tribes, where your potential custom helps these unique communities to remain independent and preserve their culture.