A brilliant opportunity to explore the Omo Valley, home to a diverse and fascinating range of distinct tribal groups. Explore by 4WD with your local leader, stopping at local markets and villages to discover one of Africa’s last great wilderness areas.
- Uncover the eight distinct tribes that call the Omo Valley home, and gain a deeper understanding and respect for their lifestyle and traditions.
- Venture out on a game walk through the grasslands of the Nechisar Plain in search of zebra, kudu, and gazelle.
- Learn about the importance of scarification and hair grooming for the Karo & Hamar people in the market town of Turmi.
- Perched on a cliff crest, our Feature Stay Paradise Lodge, has spectacular views across to Abra Minch’s ‘Bridge of God’ – take in the scenery during your two-night stay.
- Enjoy a sundowner, local music and dancing on the terrace of our Konso lodge.
- Visit the less well-known Daasanach and Ari tribes, where your potential custom helps these unique communities to remain independent and preserve their culture.