If you’re going all the way to Africa, you want to do it right. This 32-day journey through Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe offers a mixture of safari and wildlife spotting, mingling with people in villages and nomadic tribes, canoe cruising down the Okavango Delta, relaxing on white-sand beaches and sipping local beers in Vic Falls. This rugged adventure won’t just turn you into a master camper (though that’s bound to happen too). The landscapes, local stories and animal encounters will leave you changed forever.
- Ge ready to spot lions, cheetahs, zebras, elephants, hippos, gazelle, giraffes, ostriches, wildebeest – pretty much every character from the opening scene of the Lion King.
- Hang with the red-clad Maasai folk. A local elder will explain to you what the tribe is all about, and they'll even show you around their house.
- The rolling plains of the Masai Mara and Serengeti are quite simply epic. They also make for fairly unique environments in which to pitch a tent.
- Ever helped save a Rhino? Make that a yes during a visit to Botswana’s Khama Rhino Sanctuary, where the last of the world’s black and white rhinoceros live.
- There's nothing more relaxing than feeling the sun on your face as you lie back in a mokoro (dugout canoe) while your expert poler propels you through the Okavango Delta.