The feeling of laying eyes on a family of rare mountain gorillas in the wild is a hard one to describe. Crouching in primeval forest as a mother plays with her babies close by is an experience few humans ever get to have, and for good reason. There are only about 700 mountain gorillas left in the world, and half of them can be found in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest. Led by a local driver/guide, join a small group of eight travellers on this special expedition into the untouched Ugandan wilderness. Following that, travel to the vast grasslands of East Africa – a place that supports the largest concentration of wildlife in the world. You’ll get among the massive herds and their predators in 4WD safari vehicles with our expert local leaders at the helm. Experience the wilds of Africa on this expedition like no other on a breathtaking journey through Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Seek out the rare mountain gorilla on a trek through Uganda's steamy jungle, and spend an unforgettable hour in the presence of these majestic creatures.
- Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during a 2-night stay in Chalets at Buhoma Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- The Masai Mara National Reserve is filled with iconic vistas and animals, and here you’ll sleep in a permanent tented-camp under a blanket of stars, then wake to the sounds of calming birdsong.
- Pull up in the Serengeti National Park and enjoy a refreshing sundowner and some nibbles before carrying on to you camp.
- Stay in a perfectly located camp in the Serengeti – your Feature Stay, Ang-ata Serengeti Camp lies in the heart of the park but away from the crowds.
- Enjoy panoramic views from the rim of an extinct volcano, then descend into its World Heritage-listed Ngorongoro Crater to be surrounded by wildlife.
- Visit the Maasai, known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery, and enjoy a fascinating talk, full of insights into this remarkable and ancient culture.
- Enjoy a private dinner under the stars within our permanent tented camp while listening to the sounds of the Serengeti.