Embark on an epic journey through the wilds of Africa, winding your way from the rolling plains of the east down to the spectacular coastal south. Between Nairobi and Port Elizabeth, there’s a great diversity of treasures to uncover. Explore the predator-filled Serengeti and Masai Mara in Kenya and Tanzania, the ambient swamplands and salt pans of Botswana, the unique dune landscapes and petrified forest of Namibia, and the exquisite winelands of South Africa. Observe elephants and lions out in the wild, join in ancient traditions with the Maasai people, get up close and personal with cheeky meerkats, enjoy a tipple in South Africa’s Cape Winelands and Garden Route, and explore caves, rivers, bays and gorges with knowledgeable experts along the way. In 49 days there is a lot to fit in, but there is also plenty of time to relax and enjoy the sights and sounds of Africa at your own pace. Awash with highlights, Grand Africa is the kind of adventure you will be talking about for decades to come.
- On the plains of the Serengeti and the Masai Mara and within the caldera known as Ngorongoro Crater, find the Africa of your dreams
- Visit the Maasai, known for their vibrant red dress and elaborate jewellery, and enjoy a fascinating talk, full of insights into this remarkable and ancient culture.
- Southern Africa gives us wildlife encounters of varied and contrasting terrains, from wetlands to salt pans and bright orange sandy deserts
- Head out on an afternoon excursion to the Makgadikgadi Pans, looking out for meerkats and meandering elephants, and enjoy a sundowner in the shadow of an old baobab tree.
- Visit the magnificent Okavango Delta by houseboat then drive onto Etosha National Park - perhaps the hidden jewel of African wildlife reserves
- Rise early and witness the colourful sunrise and a picnic breakfast from the edge of Fish River Canyon, the second largest chasm of its type in the world.
- Spend 2 nights in Kati Kati tented camp, Serengeti, 2 nights in Vic Falls Safari Lodge, and 2 nights in Canyon Lodge, Fish River Canyon, all feature stays on this trip.
- Step inside Faldela's Purple House in the Bo-Kaap region of Cape Town for an authentic home-cooked dinner. Taste some of the traditional dishes such as 'Bredie', 'Chilli Bites' and 'Koesisters'.
- Taste South Africa’s acclaimed wine heritage with a special Wine tasting in the Cape Winelands, where ducks form part of the workforce and hand-crafted wines are waiting to be sampled.
- Experience some of the world’s best whale watching without leaving dry land. Hermanus’ coastal walkways have the perfect spots to sit and watch the whales as they frolic in in the bay.
- Join an experienced local guide for a sunrise meeting with meerkats. Savour the unique privilege of spending time with these elusive creatures.
- Cruise out on to the emerald waters of the Knysna Lagoon and taste some of the freshest, most delicious local produce on an Oyster Tour.