This independent trip offers a once in a lifetime opportunity – an encounter with the endangered mountain gorilla. Spending time with these fascinating and remarkably humanlike creatures is truly an experience to savour. Starting in Entebbe, discover the rich wildlife arena that is Lake Mburo National park. Then venture into the dense jungle of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest where a rigorous hike yields the ultimate reward.
Independent travel, without the stress. Peregrine’s Independent Experiences are a range of short packages that you can add to other Experiences or as an extension to a longer tour, to craft your perfect holiday itinerary. Independent Experiences are for 1-3 travellers, depart daily and offer the back-up of Peregrine, our local offices and expert resident guides.
- Wake up to spectacular views of the forest canopy during a 2-night stay in Chalets at Buhoma Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Come face-to-face with rare mountain gorillas on the ultimate wildlife adventure.
- Trek through the World Heritage-listed forests of Uganda and spend an unforgettable hour in the presence of these majestic, gentle and contemplative creatures.
- Straddle both hemispheres with a visit to Uganda’s equator line.
- Discover the diverse animal life, five lakes and impressive landscapes of Lake Mburo National Park.
- Spend an unforgettable night in a small and intimate camp in Lake Mburo. Spacious permanent tents are raised on wooden decks with large bedrooms, en-suite facilities and verandahs overlooking the lake and valley.