Take a journey into the soul of the USA on this 12-day tour of the country’s Deep South. The air from Atlanta to Memphis is heavy with humidity and history, filled with the sound of country twang and trap music, and rich with the smoke from the local barbecue joints that seem to lie around every corner. From the creaking boards of the honky-tonk music joints in Nashville, to the elegant Victorian homes that line Rainbow Row in Savannah and the vibrant melting pot that is New Orleans, this tour will show you the best of the bold, brash, and boisterous Southern USA.
- Embark on a road trip across the most soulful and hospitable part of the USA, from the historic settlements to the musical centres.
- Take a sobering look at the history of slavery and segregation in the South and celebrate the bravery and humanity of heroes like Rosa Parks.
- From biscuits to barbecue, savour Southern cuisine in all its glory. Make sure you’ve got a bib handy, as it tends to get messy.
- Tap your toes and shake the floorboards during a line dancing lesson, then get your honky-tonk on with locals in Nashville's Wildhorse Saloon.
- Lively New Orleans is a fitting place to end your trip. Discover French, Creole, Spanish and North American influences in the architecture, food and music of the 'Big Easy'.