Touchdown in Vietnam amid the chaotic streets of Ho Chi Minh City, travel through Cambodia and down the east coast of Thailand to experience its famous beach culture. The spectacular temples of Angkor Wat await in Cambodia, while Phnom Penh offers a chance to reflect on the country’s tragic history. Crossing into Thailand, drop by its vivacious capital, then make for clear blue waters, white sands and swaying palm trees. Thailand has the ideal ingredients for a holiday in paradise, and you’ll explore its beautiful southern islands off the east coast. Relax in the gleaming sun and try some of the special Thai food this region is famous for. This fascinating journey from Vietnam through Cambodia and on to Thailand provides the perfect opportunity to experience the best of Indochina.
- This combination trip includes our most popular trip in Cambodia.
- Packed full of experiences, this is a great way to get a great insight into Cambodia & Thailand in a short amount of time.
- Angkor Wat. Need we say more? As well as a guided tour, you’ll also have a pass to cover your whole time in Siem Reap so you can explore this incredible temple complex as much and as often as you like.
- Discover Kampong Luang and the countryside around Battambang with a visit to a floating village and a bike ride around farms and cottage industries.
- Get familiar with Khmer cuisine - here’s a sample of what’s in store for your tastebuds: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/cambodian-food-guide/
- Have expert advice on hand the whole way with an experienced local leader to help you get the best out of your time in Cambodia & Thailand, like Channa: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/channa-intrepid-leader-cambodia/
- Travel from Vietnam to Thailand, experiencing the contrasts between three of the regions most fascinating countries.
- Acquaint yourself with frenetic Bangkok, a wonderland of excellent street food, enchanting canals and sprawling marketplaces.
- Discover the best beaches and islands of Thailand’s east coast – from popular Ko Samui to laid-back Ko Tao – for a true slice of paradise.
- Cruise to Koh Pitak for a taste of real island life. Enjoy an overnight homestay, feast on fresh seafood and interact with local fishermen.
- Two in-depth snorkelling trips, one in Chumphon and one in Ko Tao, give you plenty of time to explore underwater worlds brimming with coral and colourful tropical fish.
- Travel as the locals do on an overnight sleeper train – the best way to travel long distances, meet locals and maximise time at destinations.