Be charmed by Cambodia and Vietnam on this 17-day adventure from picturesque Phnom Penh to the alluring Hanoi. From the temples of Angkor to the colonial-era architecture of Battambang and the devastating history of the Khmer Rouge, Cambodia is a country that emanates history at every turn. Jump over the border to Vietnam’s fast-paced Ho Chi Minh City, wander the ancient Vietnamese streets of Hoi An and bask in the natural charm of Halong Bay. This South East Asian adventure abounds in insightful history, enchanting culture, charismatic cities and delectable cuisine, so why not try it out yourself.
- Enjoy a day out in the countryside near the French colonial town of Kampot, walking through rice fields, discovering a hidden cave temple, and relaxing on a sunset river cruise.
- Marvel at the spectacle of the ancient Angkor complex with two full days dedicated to this wonder. See the site in depth, and take your own time to discover the beauty and mystery of each temple.
- Learn about local cottage industries in and around historic Battambang, visiting local businesses from pottery and silversmithing to sticky rice and fish paste production.
- Discover why Halong Bay is just so popular as you spend the night on a boat among the evocative karst landscape, indulging in a feast of fresh seafood at twilight.
- Dine at the Friends restaurant in Phomn Penh and KOTO restaurant in Hanoi, to not only taste delicious local food but also support organisations that train and protect disadvantaged youth.