Immerse yourself in the rich historic and cultural heritage of Vietnam and Cambodia. Equally as evocative comes the oriental influences of the historic Asian traders, settlers and indigenous people that have made this part of the world a cornerstone for empires and colonies. From navigating the various fusions of east and west in Hoi An, Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, to cruising the natural UNESCO World Heritage listed wonderland of Halong Bay and exploring war time monuments, and experiencing one of the world’s great archaeological treasures at Angkor, this tour will immerse you in history, nature and tradition.
- Take an overnight cruise on Halong Bay and discover this place of famed beauty while enjoying a candle-lit dinner on deck.
- Discover a traditional art form of Vietnam with a traditional Hat Xam performance – known quite literally as ‘singing in the dark’.
- Dine on delicious local cuisine at KOTO in Hanoi, and the Sala Bai Hotel School in Siem Reap, while supporting the cause of underprivileged hospitality students in training.
- Enjoy two days of fully guided temple tours in Siem Reap, with in-depth insights into the history of these extraordinary structures and plenty of time at Angkor Wat.
- Enjoy a visit to a working Buddhist Monastery and meet the resident monks to learn more about this religion and its importance to the Cambodian people.