Take a ten-day journey into China’s rich and fascinating history on this tour from the busy streets of Shanghai to majestic Great Wall near Beijing. Jewels of the many dynasties are found among breathtaking scenery, and this trip showcases wonders both natural and man-made. See how ancient traditions have been adapted for the modern world in Shanghai and the Shaolin Monastery, and witness the formidable power of imperial China with visits to the Terracotta Army and the Great Wall.
- Explore the highlights of ancient China, from the Shaolin Monastery and Longmen Grottoes to the Terracotta Army of Xi’an and finally the Great Wall.
- Tour Shanghai’s imminently photogenic Bund, where historic buildings display a variety of architectural styles along a waterfront promenade.
- Taste your way through the delectable halal dishes in the sizzling Muslim Quarter of Xi’an.
- Enjoy a peaceful night in a traditional courtyard guesthouse near the Great Wall and visit a section of the Wall.
- Admire and try your hands at the intricate art of paper cutting from a master from a family that has passed down the tradition for generations.
- Zip through China by bullet train, going as fast as 300km per hour.