Enter a world of both natural delights and big city lights on this 16-day active adventure through the heart of China. Spend three days hiking sections of the Great Wall of China, including time spent walking an unrestored trail. Keep the activity coming and unearth your inner zen with a lesson in kung fu from a local master, then change gears and swap your walking shoes for a bike for city cycling tour in Beijing. Admire the majestic beauty of Longji rice terraces, appreciate limestone karsts dotted around rice paddies in Yangshuo, discover the abandoned towers of Kaiping and hit the water in Hong Kong. This energetic small-group journey takes you straight to some of China’s most enduring symbols and keeps you on your toes in the process. Hike, bike, kayak, kung fu – this trip has got it all.
- Hike along unrestored sections of the Great Wall, with magnificent views of the Wall winding along mountain ridges, maybe even all to ourselves!
- Find your Zen while learning kung fu from a local master. Learn the basic principles and common misconceptions of the martial art while being guided through moves and practices.
- Cycle through Hutong lanes and past landmarks on an adventure to Beijing’s Forbidden City, and continue your ride later on with a scenic trip through Kaiping, revealing the hidden history and clan culture of its many abandoned fortified tower houses.
- Spend time hiking the rice terrace-carved landscape of Longji, learning a few things about tea picking and perhaps sampling a cuppa at a tea plantation in Yangshuo.
- Discover the coast of Hong Kong by kayak, as you paddle through giant stone arches and to uninhabited islands and beaches for some sun and surf time.