Discover the spectacular southern reaches of China on this adventure through its most stunning and diversified natural scenery and ethnic cultures in the unique Yunnan province. Start in Vietnam’s jewel of the north, and delve further into the region’s French heritage over the border, with a stop in Mengzi. Explore Yuanyang, the picture-perfect home of the Hani people, where eye-popping terraced landscapes of hundreds of years old stretch as far as the eye can see. Step back in time among the Qing and Ming dynasty masterpieces in Jianshui, wander the busy streets of Kunming, stop at the tea horse trail towns of Dai and Shaxi, admire its amazing architecture while being welcomed to our local friend’s home. Join the Tibetan pilgrims at Sumtseling Monastery and learn about the idyllic life on the pasture in Shangrila. Trek the epic Tiger Leaping Gorge with Jinsha River roaring underneath and snow capped Jade Dragon Mountain towering above. This is the ultimate Yunnan adventure.
- Follow the Yunnan–Vietnam railway and visit the one of the oldest train stations on this line at Bisezhai village for a fascinating glimpse into history.
- Explore idyllic Yuangyang on a guided half-day walk, snapping photos of the spectacular rice terrace landscapes.
- Discover the Ming and Qing marvels of Jianshui Ancient Town on a guided walk. Visit Zhu's Family Garden, the Confucius temple and the amazingly preserved Tuanshan village
- In Shaxi, you'll see one of the best-preserved traditional towns in Yunnan. Stay in a friendly, family-run guesthouse and sample some local specialities.
- Hike the legendary Tiger Leaping Gorge – one of China's most breathtaking trails, and journey to Shangrila to walk among Tibetan pilgrims in Sumtseling Monastery.