Immerse yourself in the 8000-year-old winemaking culture of Georgia on this eight-day adventure. Discover how wine is inextricably linked with Georgia’s history while you drop by family cellars, tour royal-estates-turned-wineries and taste your way around the renowned Kvareli region. Witness the beauty of the country’s rugged Caucasus Mountains and fertile valleys, which not only make for beautiful scenery but also form the ideal environment for grape cultivation. Add hearty food, a burgeoning art scene and well-preserved historic towns and you have all the makings of an unforgettable journey.
- Discover Tbilisi’s Orthodox cathedrals, ancient fortress, colourful balconies and hidden courtyards on a walking tour, then cap off the day with a visit to the country’s premier sparkling wine house.
- Admire vistas of lush valleys and the Caucasus Mountains on a visit to the hilltop town of Sighnaghi, where you can take in beautiful views while hoping between natural wineries.
- Discover the secret to making Georgian-style bread and the sweet local delicacy churchkhela when you stop in for lunch with a local family in Sighnaghi.
- Learn the role the Georgian royal family historically played in cultivating Georgia’s renowned winemaking legacy with tasting visits to two royal estates that double as respected wineries.
- Enjoy diverse daily tastings that introduce you the ancient techniques of winemaking, learning about the history and processes while sampling delicious drops.