Stray off the beaten track and explore deep into Indonesia as you discover the islands of Java and Bali. With an emphasis on cities of culture and the stunning countryside, this trip begins in Yogyakarta and makes its way east across Java to Surakarta, the imposing Mt Bromo volcano and Surabaya before jumping across to Bali. Eat, pray, love (and eat again) in artsy Ubud before finishing by the beach in Seminyak. Walk past temples, cycle through rice paddies and soak up the laidback vibe that has made these islands a traveller’s favourite.
- Yogyakarta is one of South-East Asia's standout spots, and a cycling trip takes you through its backcountry, cycling past picture-perfect rice paddies and smiling locals.
- Climbing Mt Bromo in the early hours of the morning is an adventure to remember. If the conditions are right, you'll be rewarded with a dazzling sunrise over mist-laden volcanoes
- Visit Borobudur, the largest Buddhist structure on earth and truly one of South East Asia's most serene temple complexes.
- Discover the traditional herbal medicines of Jamu and the crafting of musical instruments and local liquors on a full-day experience around Surakarta (Solo).
- Understand what all the fuss over Ubud is all about – visit local temples, wander past rice paddies and enjoy a signature organic lunch in the countryside.