Helloooo Japan. Get your fix of Japanese culture with temples, sushi and shopping in Tokyo before soaking up Kanazawa’s crazy samurai culture. Get down with your world history at Hiroshima, spy geishas in Kyoto’s Gion district and get your Tina Turner on at an Osaka karaoke bar. Whatever happens, you’ll be sipping sake like a pro by the end of this trip.
- So many great destinations and so much free time to see them your way. All the benefits of group travel with a leader and new buddies to explore with, without having to pay for anything you don’t want to do.
- Immerse yourself in all things Japanese right from the get go in the varied neighbourhoods of Tokyo. From the geek subculture of Akihabara, historical Asakusa and Ueno, to the wild side of fashion in Harajuku and the nightlife of Roppongi – each suburb is almost like a city of its own.
- Shed your inhibitions and soak in an onsen – the traditional hot springs turned public baths. Yes, you'll be naked but don't be scared. We have a complete guide to onset etiquette here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/japan-onsen-guide/
- Rail passes are included, allowing you to zip between cities at bullet speed.
- Hiroshima Peace Park & Museum is a sobering, but vital, destination for all travellers to Japan to gain insight into tragic events of the nation’s past.
- Spot a geisha or two in the famed Gion District or get zen in a temple garden in Kyoto.
- Live your samurai fantasies in feudal-era Kanazawa. We’ve heard there is also excellent sake to be sampled here and plenty else: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/why-kanazawa-is-japans-best-kept-secret/
- You can’t leave Japan without having a night out at a karaoke bar. Trust us, they will check at immigration.