Beginning in the futuristic cityscapes of Nur-Sultan (until recently, Astana), join us on this exploration through Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. From the space port of Baikonur to the ancient city of Turkistan, the Silk Road portals of Sayram and Otrar, and the majestic, surreal landscapes of Altyn-Emel National Park and Charyon Canyon, the sights along the way are unlike anywhere else. Continue your journey to the mountainous country of Kyrgyzstan, skirt Issyk Kul and end in the relaxed capital of Bishkek. Discover a true adventure on the roads of rugged and remote Tajikistan. Visit the unique cities of Khorog, Dushanbe and remote villages as you cross hundreds of kilometers of epic mountain passes and scenic landscapes.
- Kazakhstan is truly off the beaten track and sees few travellers, especially outside Astana and Almaty, and for much of this trip you will truly feel the remoteness of Central Asia.
- Explore Baikonur, nick named 'Star City,' where the Russian Cosmodrome is located and unveil the mysteries of space explorations.
- Discover the history and architecture of the Silk Road, visiting ancient mausoleums and mosques on guided tours in the cities of Turkistan, Sayram and Otrar.
- Travel alongside locals and admire wild, sweeping vistas on epic train rides across the Kazakh steppe.
- Surround yourself with the surreal landscapes of the Altyn-Emel National Park, including the mysterious singing sand dunes the visit Grand Canyon's little brother, Charyn Canyon.
- Stroll through the peaceful Russian town of Karakol and hike in the picturesque Jety Oguz Valley.
- Experience the legendary hospitality of Central Asia. With five nights spent across Tajikistan's excellent homestay network, you'll immerse yourself in local life
- Skirting the border with Afghanistan, get glimpses of the other side, from the hair-raising Afghan-built footbridges (ovrings) to the exotic imports on display in Khorog's local bazaar
- Enjoy a picnic lunch as you take in the splendour of Karakul, the largest lake of some 800 in the Pamirs
- Soaring along the iconic Pamir Highway is an unforgettable experience, especially in fine weather when the mighty peak of Muztag Ata rears its head
- Dushanbe is perfect final stop. With included visits to the Hissor Fort and National Museum of Antiquities, you can discover the nation's capital while learning more about the country's fascinating past