In Thailand discover a country where ancient and modern collide to create the glorious chaos of Bangkok and the cultural heritage of Chiang Mai. In Laos you’ll find a land that holds to the simple traditions that have slipped away elsewhere and where the languid pace of life is eternally contagious. Explore, relax and absorb the distinct atmosphere of these two fascinating countries that sit either side of the massive Mekong River. Food, history, culture, stunning landscapes and endlessly friendly locals await on this journey through two gems of South East Asia.
- Many travellers just use Laos as a place to journey through on the way to somewhere else. This trip spends time in four different destinations in Laos so you'll have plenty of time to experience the country.
- You'll also experience a good taste of Thailand with stops in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Khong.
- This is a no-fuss, no-hurry holiday. Laos is one of the most relaxed countries we know, and the pace of this trip is the same, with plenty of free time to choose your own options in each destination and make the holiday your own.
- Take up some of the many chances on offer to do good while you travel - from visiting the Tat Kuang Si Bear Rescue Centre to eating at social enterprise restaurants like Friends International and Makphet.
- A slow boat down the Mekong River is one of South East Asia's most classic and timeless journeys. We spend 2 days making our way lazily from Thailand to Laos via this vital waterway.