One of the last remaining truly wild places on earth, Borneo offers travellers lush forests filled with endemic flora and fauna, untouched coastlines and labyrinthian caves. This 9-day cruise will reveal the cultural and natural treasures of rugged Borneo, skipping between the Malaysian and Bruneian sections of the island on the comfort of the M/S Panaroma II. Spot birds, butterflies and beasts in three different national parks, swim on an isolated island rich in folklore and taste local delicacies prepared with fresh caught seafood and bountiful produce along the way.
- Look for strange and vulnerable wildlife in the thickets of evergreen forests, from exploding ants to gibbons to wild boar.
- See two different sides of Bandar Sei Begawan in Brunei with a visit to the opulent Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque followed by tea with a local in a sleepy water village.
- Learn how to craft the perfect plate umai (marinated raw fish, chilli, lime juice and shallots) with a local Melanau cook in Mukah.
- Choose to see the virgin rainforest of Ulu Tempurung National Park from the perspective of the birds during an optional canopy walk.
- Wash off the humidity by soaking in both the crystal-clear waters of the ocean and the mineral-rich volcanic mud pools of Pulau Tiga.