Base. Camp. Two little syllables that conjure up dreams as massive as the Himalayas themselves. This 15-day trekking tour is your chance to make these dreams come true, to challenge yourself and discover both the world’s most famous mountains and your own potential. Walk among giants of nature and leave the Wi-Fi and Netflix behind for card games in tiny teahouses, Sherpa stories and watching the sunrise over Everest. Because group dynamic is crucial on a trek like this, we’ve made a trip just for people who want to hike with other 18 to 29s. Plus, our commitment to the rights and fair treatment of porters and trekking guides means you can hike with a clear conscience knowing you’re doing the trek of a lifetime the ethical way.
In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in included flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
- It’s not (just) about the mountains. Hike past everything from alpine lakes and glacial plains to frothy rivers and valleys covered in pink blossoms, depending on the season.
- A Base Camp trek is the bonding experience of a lifetime and this trip gives you the chance to do it with like-minded travellers of a similar age.
- Get your first glimpse of the mighty Himalayan range on the included flight from Kathmandu to Lukla – the famous airport in the sky.
- Hike with an experienced and passionate English-speaking local leader as well as a team of guides and porters who will introduce you to incredible Sherpa culture.
- We partner with local mountaineering and porter welfare programs, so you can trek easier knowing that while our porters are taking care of you, there’s someone looking out for them.
- Read our comprehensive guide on trekking in the Everest region here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/theme/walking/everest-base-camp-trek