Discover spectacular mountains, picturesque rice terraces, stunning beaches and vibrant cities on a 19-day exploration through the heart of the Philippines. See the fusion of the past and present in Manila, admire the world’s oldest rice terraces in Banaue, be intrigued by the curious Hanging Coffins in Echo Valley and relax on the beach in sunny El Nido. Snorkel in the sapphire waters of the South China Sea, discover the limestone caves of Sabang and see fireflies dancing at dusk at the Iwahig River. With plenty of free time to travel your own way, this is an island getaway abounding with natural beauty, stunning landscapes and welcoming local communities – you really are getting a true taste of what the fascinating Philippines can offer.
- Embark on a three-day trek through rice fields, forests and villages, staying in local Ifugao communities along the way.
- Just 25 years old, the lake-filled crater of Mt Pinatubo is a fresh wonder to explore – trek to the summit and camp right next to pristine emerald waters in the heart of the volcano.
- Take an evening adventure to the Iwahig River where you’ll see swarms of fireflies dancing at dusk. The natural beauty of the Philippines continues to shine, whatever time of day.
- Enjoy a full day of island hopping and snorkelling off the coast of El Nido. Look to the bottom of these clear waters, and glide among the coral and tropical fish.
- Experience a unique meeting with one of Palawan's great indigenous groups – the Batak tribe. Interact with the locals of the village and witness daily life as it is today.