See a different side of Chiang Mai on this short but sweet three-day adventure. From your base in northern Thailand’s most vibrant city, visit the ChiangChill elephant reserve to spend the day hanging out with gentle giants and learning how this organisation supports the protection, conservation and lifestyle of free-roaming elephants in the region. Observe the daily patterns of these elephants from a safe distance, seeing how they graze and socialise with each other. You’ll also be treated to a cooking class, where you’ll collect some local produce at the morning market and then learn how to use it, from a local cook who will let you in on all the best kept secrets of Thai cuisine.
- Meet elephants in a responsible environment when you hang out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill reserve, watching them eat, relax and socialise.
- Enjoy a live lecture from local guides to learn more about the elephants, the reserve’s sustainable tourism practices and conservation efforts in the area.
- See a different side of Chiang Mai, with authentic experiences and nitty gritty details all worked out for you.
- Head to a cooking class with a local cook, who will teach you how to collect the best produce from the local market, then show you how to cook some of the most delicious Thai cuisine, which you'll enjoy together for dinner.
- Soak up this vibrant city with loads of free time and the flexibility to choose your own adventures, like wandering the street food markets in search of the yummiest local dishes.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, EcoThailand Foundation. Donations help educate school children on important environmental issues like climate change, nature appreciation, conservation and sustainability.