See a different side of Chiang Mai by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience. You’ll learn how this organisation supports the protection, conservation and lifestyle of free-roaming elephants in the region. Observe the daily patterns of these jungle giants from a safe distance, seeing how they graze and socialise with each other. Wave goodbye to new friends and return to Chiang Mai to make offerings to monks, explore Kad Ton Payo flea market, enjoy a spot of meditation or taste regional specialties.
- Meet elephants in a responsible environment by hanging out with the gentle giants of the ChangChill elephant experience.
- Take a songthaew to Kad Ton Payom flea market and purchase offerings to give to monks
- Discover local flavours with a traditional breakfast
- Talk with the abbot at the 600-year-old Wat Umong Temple and learn about Buddhism and Dharma
- Mingle with the monks and get some basic meditation tips in Wat Suan Dok