From the pearly white shorelines of Phuket’s Patong and Nai Harn beaches to the lost islands of Koh Gum, Koh Kangkaw and Koh Yeepoon, Southern Thailand offers a splendid balance between resort-like charm and hidden excitement. Plunge headfirst on an adventure to soak up both sun and culture, spending time relaxing on the ambient shores of Khao Lak or bumping arms with the locals in the markets at Ranong. Lose yourself in the jungle or find tropical fish in the ocean – just remember that discovery comes naturally in a place as full of life as this.
- Go beach-hopping through sunny Phuket, often regarded as one of the best seaside locations in Thailand (if not the world!)
- Sink into the slower pace of Khao Lak – a realm full of ambient charm and calming coastlines
- Trek through thick jungle landscape to serene waterfalls in the midst of the jungle – finding tiny pockets of serenity hiding under the trees as you go
- An island hopping trip through Koh Gum, Koh Kangkaw, Koh Yeepoon offers an incredible insight into Thailand’s stunning coastal environments. Explore them further from above and below the water on beach-walks and snorkelling adventures
- Visit a local community and learn about the ceramic and tin mining industries in a rural location- if you are lucky you might get the chance to participate
- See more about what to expect from your time in Southern Thailand here: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/southern-thailand/