A realm of endless history, sprawling waterways and ancient temples, South East Asia is a wonderland for travellers and explorers alike. This 22-day small-group adventure gives you an insight into the culture and environment of Thailand, Laos and Vietnam as you discover the quirks each region has to offer. From the bustle of Bangkok, weave through lush countryside towards the temple-strewn highlands of Chiang Mai. Bring the pace down a notch as you cross into Laos and discover the ethnic cultures, glittering temples and incredible landscapes, plus a cruise down the Mekong river. Get lost in the districts of Hanoi, cruise past the limestone karsts of Halong Bay, discover the colonial charm of Hoi An, and navigate the winding streets and chaotic traffic of Ho Chi Minh City. With expert local guides and unique experiences on offer throughout your journey, the splendour of South East Asia awaits.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai.
- Enjoy lunch while cruising on a traditional rice barge, watching village life along the riverfront stream by in Uthai Thani.
- Visit Ock Pop Tok – an inspiring social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income to local weavers and artisans. Browse their beautifully made traditional textiles and handicrafts while learning about the organisation.
- Discover a traditional art form of Vietnam with a traditional Hat Xam performance – known quite literally as ‘singing in the dark’.
- Take a memorable overnight cruise on Halong Bay and discover this place of famed beauty while enjoying a candle-lit dinner on deck – your Peregrine Feature Stay.