Laos just might be south-east Asia’s most enchanting destination. With its untouched natural beauty, relaxed pace and fascinating Buddhist culture, travellers are quickly enamoured with this frequently overlooked gem. Delve into Laos tradition in beautiful Luang Prabang, first with a traditional Baci ceremony, then observing the daily giving of alms that takes place between locals and saffron-robed monks. Explore the stunning, French-influenced scenery of this UNESCO-recognised city on a scenic boat ride on the Mekong. See the fascinating Pak Ou Caves, stuffed with Buddhist shrines, and countless sacred stupas, Buddhist temples and French colonial buildings in sleepy Vientiane. Meet incredible locals along the way, with visits to organisations like COPE and Ock Pop Tok, who do remarkable work in this remarkable country.
- Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way. Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
- Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony.
- Visit Ock Pop Tok, an inspiring fair trade social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income to local weavers and artisans. Browse their beautifully-made traditional textiles and handicrafts while learning about the organisation.
- A full day of sightseeing in Vientiane includes visits to the capital’s most dazzling attractions, including the golden Pha That Luang (or the Great Stupa), the most sacred monument in the country.
- An Included flight on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination.