Thailand and Laos are two of South East Asia’s most exciting destinations, and this adventure delivers a heady combination mix of rural adventure and urban pulse. Begin in bustling Bangkok and venture north, where the landscape, history and local food brings one surprise after the next. Bring the pace down a notch as you cross into Laos and discover the ethnic cultures, glittering temples and incredible scenery that make this destination such a Peregrine favourite.
- Support an important animal welfare initiative and get close to incredible creatures at the Elephant Nature Park
- Visit the home of the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’, learn about its dark history and the construction of the railway during the war
- Your 1 night feature stay at the Hmong Hilltribe Lodge will allow you to immerse yourself in tribal culture without compromising on creature comforts.
- Enjoy a boat trip on the Mekong River, observing stunning scenery and riverside French villas along the way. Stop by the Pak Ou Caves, known for the hundreds of shrines and miniature Buddhist statues that line their walls.
- Unwind in the laid-back jungle town of Luang Prabang. Watch as orange-clad monks gather offerings of rice, fruit and sweets from locals before sunrise in a daily alms giving ceremony.
- Visit Ock Pop Tok, an inspiring fair trade social enterprise that provides a sustainable source of income to local weavers and artisans. Browse their beautifully-made traditional textiles and handicrafts while learning about the organisation.
- A full day of sightseeing in Vientiane includes visits to the capital’s most dazzling attractions, including the golden Pha That Luang (or the Great Stupa), the most sacred monument in the country.
- Included flights on this trip makes travelling easy and allows for maximum time in each destination.