There’s no shortage of sights and sounds on this eight-day active adventure through Thailand. With buzzing Bangkok as your starting point, keep the energy high on a cycling tour through the historic temples of UNESCO-listed Ayutthaya Historical Park. Trek to a northern hilltribe village to keep spirits high and enjoy a home-cooked dinner around a campfire. Kayak along the Mae Taeng River, cycle to the gigantic temple of Wat Ban Den and visit the Tai Lue community to learn about their culture and keep the good times rolling. For a real treat, why not throw in a Thai massage or cooking class?
- Cycle through Ayutthaya Historical Park – a UNESCO World Heritage site consisting of 425 temple ruins and historical sites.
- Reach new heights on a trek to an enlightening northern hilltribe village, experiencing rural Thai life from a local's perspective.
- Kayak along the Mae Taeng River and through the surrounding lush jungle – then really get the blood pumping on an optional whitewater rafting experience.
- Even the transport on this trip is an adventure – travel like the locals on an overnight sleeper train, a real Intrepid experience and a great chance to interact with the Thai people.
- Spend a free day exploring the sights and sounds of Chiang Mai – you might visit some of the city’s 300 temples, take a Thai cooking class or indulge in a Thai massage.
- By travelling on this trip, you’ll directly support our Intrepid Foundation partner, World Bicycle Relief. Donations provide school kids, health workers, and farmers in far-out areas with bicycles that provide access to education, healthcare, and income.