Chop, slice and chomp your way through the diverse flavours of South East Asia on this mouth-watering Real Food Adventure into Vietnam and Cambodia. Vietnam’s prized cuisine is bursting with fresh, spicy and complex flavours, while across the border, Cambodia’s food is humble, oft unexplored, and no less delicious. Drink in cafes and beer halls that sprawl out over city streets, buy fruit from wicker baskets draped over a vendor’s shoulders and sit at market stalls as aromatic noodle soups are whipped up in front of you. From a sunset cruise on Halong Bay and a cycle past herb farms near Hoi An to discovering the French influence of Phnom Penh and meeting charming local communities at Banteay Chhmar, these South East Asian powerhouses will fill you with great food and even more memorable experiences.
- A street food tour of Hanoi takes you to the best spots in town to sample northern specialties like pho, bun cha and the golden-yellow xoi xeo – finger lickin’ stuff.
- With two nights in Hoi An, there's plenty of time to take in magic of this standout destination. Watch traditional noodle making, visit a local lantern maker, then try your hand at a cooking class!
- The Vietnamese people are some of the most welcoming in the world. A homestay on the Mekong Delta allows you to experience their hospitality, learn their kitchen secrets and get an insight into rural life.
- Get an insight into Cambodian cuisine with a visit to famous pepper plantations outside of Kampot, and taste some of the best pepper in the world.
- Eat for a cause with dinner at a Phnom Penh restaurant that not only serves delicious modern Cambodian cooking, but helps the local disadvantaged youth into employment.