Combining classic Central American destinations Guatemala and Costa Rica with Belize and El Salvador, this journey delves deeper into the continent than many go. Begin on the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and finish down in San Jose. Discover butterfly-filled cloud forest, volcano-ringed waters, hidden swimming holes, scenic coffee plantations and tiny villages bursting with Latin American colour and verve. Belize is Peregrine’s latest addition to its destinations in the region, and adventures into its dense jungle reveal an incredible spread of wildlife and a lost Maya underworld shrouded in mystery.
DISCONTINUED for 2019. This is mainly due to lack of traveller interest. There will be new standalone trips in Guatemala and Costa Rica; ‘Guatemala Highlights’ (PSGH) and ‘Costa Rica Highlights’ (PSCH). These trips can both be booked independently or together; however they will not be offered as a packaged combination trip. Please check back in a few months for more details on these itineraries.
- The history of the fascinating local culture of Lake Atitlan can be traced in the movements of the brush that paints the mystical Maya nahual. Pick up a brush in a local artist’s studio and with it discover your life energy, soul companions, and your destiny
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Hotel Atitlan in Panajachel has lake-facing balconies with a rustic Spanish colonial style as well as a manicured botanical garden and volcano views
- The brightly painted houses of Flores are a reflection of the radiant colours that stretch across the town at sunset. Enjoy memorable lakeside drinks while the sun sinks below the horizon
- Journey into the jungles of Guatemala and uncover the magnificent remains of the lost Maya civilisation in Tikal
- The stunning national parks of Costa Rica are endowed with some of the greatest diversity of flora and fauna in the world
- Journey to Tortuguero National Park and learn about local turtle conservation projects
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Mawamba Lodge in Tortuguero is nestled in the evergreen forest - accessible only by boat or air - this spacious, rustic lodge sits between the ocean and the canals
- Call in at a small family-owned coffee farm, Cafe San Luis, and be taken through the coffee making process, from crop to cup.
- Explore Manuel Antonio National Park in the company of one who knows it best – a local guide who's family first settled in it.