Wander off the beaten track and discover a different side of Central America. Peregrine welcomes Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary and San Ignacio, Belize, to its already stunning array of destinations on this journey – Mexico’s Playa del Carmen, Guatemala’s gorgeous Antigua and volcano-ringed Lake Atitlan, and El Salvador’s Route of the Flowers and colourful Suchitoto. Swim in crystal clear seas and swimming holes, explore tiny villages bursting with Latin American verve, and venture into dense jungle where Maya temples have stood for centuries.
DISCONTINUED for 2019. This is mainly due to lack of traveller interest. There will be a new standalone Guatemala trip; Guatemala Highlights (PSGH). Please check back in a few months for more details on this itinerary.
- Blaze the trail in Belize and enjoy a superb array of nature-based activities. Cruise across a lagoon on a guided birdwatching excursion, and hike through the forest to a hidden Maya burial ground
- The brightly painted houses of Flores are a reflection of the radiant colours that stretch across the town at sunset. Enjoy lakeside drinks while the sun sinks below the horizon
- Journey into the jungles of Guatemala and uncover the magnificent remains of the lost Maya civilisation in Tikal
- Overlooked by the majestic Volcan de Agua, Antigua is a cobblestoned maze of colourful buildings, leafy town squares and ornate churches. An ‘crop-to-cup’ tour of a local coffee farming co-op completes the experience
- Step back in time in Suchitoto, learning the history of El Salvador from those who have lived through it. Learn cigar rolling from 98-year-old Nina Victoria, and hike through Cinquera Rain Forest Park to meet a former FMLN guerrilla fighter
- Sit down to lunch in the delightful garden setting of El Jardin de Celeste. This restaurant on the famous ‘Flowers Route’ of El Salvador is arguably the country’s best
- Immerse yourself in the unique cultures surrounding Lake Atitlan, attending artist workshops and visiting a local church and market
- Your 2-night Feature stay at Hotel Atitlan in Panajachel has lake-facing balconies with a rustic Spanish colonial style as well as a manicured botanical garden and volcano views