Travel the cobblestone streets of Antigua, through blissed-out Belize and along the Yucatan Peninsula to the beachside delight of Playa del Carmen on this 12-day adventure from the jungles of Guatemala to the beaches of Mexico. Crane your neck to gaze up stone temples with steps that lead into a jungle canopy in Tikal, stay in riverside Bacalar and sink your feet into white sands and clear waters in Tulum. From volcano-studded Antigua to the chilled-out charm of Mexico’s coast – this tour delivers a slice of action, a dose of history and culture, and some well-deserved relaxation.
- Learn some Spanish during an informal lesson in old-world Antigua, then put it to good use during the rest of your Central American adventure.
- Wonder at steep, granite steps that reach into the sky while exploring the temples and monuments of Tikal: the seat of Maya power that mysteriously collapsed in AD950.
- Explore Livingston: a unique riverside town where the local culture is heavily influenced by the Afro-Caribbean Garifuna population.
- Walk along cobblestone streets and shop for local handicrafts in the tiny inland island town of Flores and learn the traditional methods of making tortillas in a small-group workshop.
- Recharge and rejuvenate on the white sands of the Yucatan Peninsula, relaxing in stunning Bacalar and laidback Tulum.