The beauty of the Balkans and the Dalmatian Coast is a delight to the senses, and on this 30- Peregrine adventure, you will see the most beautiful sights and taste the most delicious delights in this spectacular part of the world. Meander your way from Split to Dubrovnik, visiting the beautiful Lastovo and Korcula islands, weaving through fascinating historic cities, the political history of Serbia and Bosnia & Herzegovina, the relaxing coast on the Black Sea, and making your way to the transcontinental Istanbul. With local guides to illuminate the historic sights and cities along the way, this trip is a feast of ancient cultures, untouched wilderness and some of the best food and drink in Europe.
- The Croatian islands are a wondrous sight. Learn the local trade with an immersive fishing experience on Lastovo Island, marvel at the sparkling Adriatic on Korcula Island, and cruise to Lokrum Island from historic Dubrovnik.
- Under the guidance of knowledgeable locals, you'll visit some of the region's most beautiful cathedrals, monasteries, palaces, Ottoman mosques and UNESCO-protected townscapes.
- Montenegro may be a tiny country, but its charms can hardly be overstated. Take a day trip to this land of pristine beaches, mountain peaks and old-world villages.
- Explore cultural and architectural delights of Sofia on a tour with a local guide, stopping along the way to indulge in local delicacies like shopska (cucumber salad), ukanka (semi-dried salami) and wine.
- Observe the architectural grand jewels of Turkey from the water during a cruise along the narrow Bosphorus strait that bisects the city.