Veer off the usual route and discover some of Central Europe’s up-and-coming hotspots on this ten-day Lonely Planet Experience, powered by Intrepid. Starting off in cultured and cosmopolitan Budapest, travel to the Serbian capital of Belgrade for a taste of a city on the rise. Learn about Bosnia and Herzegovina’s war years in Sarajevo, stop by the famed Old Bridge of Mostar and finish things up in wonderful Dubrovnik. Melding the past with the present and the raw with the cultivated, this Balkans adventure gives you the power to see Central Europe your way, with a local leader on hand to steer you in the right direction.
- Enjoy plenty of free time at your own pace to discover the communist past and progressive present of Budapest – the Pearl of the Danube.
- Immerse yourself in the edgy street scene of Belgrade's Bohemian Quarter, then dance the night away in one of Europe’s nightlife hotspots with your crew of likeminded adventurers.
- Visit Mostar’s famous Old Bridge and – if you’re lucky – witness a traditional bridge jumper hurl themselves into the icy waters below.
- Admire the restored architecture of World Heritage-listed Kotor in Montenegro on a climb along the ancient city fortifications.
- Wind up along Croatia’s Dalmatian coastline in the historic hotspot of Dubrovnik. With walls to scale and beaches to laze on, why not consider extending your stay a day or two here?