Let the heart of Italy and the coast of Croatia inspire a journey full of culture, relaxation and world-class cuisine on a 17-day land and sea adventure. From the historic streets of Rome to the canals of Venice, catch these city’s top-tier sights and combine them with the humble delights of the Tuscan countryside and the picture-perfect Cinque Terre. Continue your Mediterranean odyssey by boat, cruising on the turquoise waters of the Adriatic and dropping anchor in quaint seaside village, near secluded coves and at lesser-known but no less stunning isles. Your Italian and Croatian adventure will take you past the tourist hordes to discover a more authentic, a more real, Europe.
- Hike to one charming village after another along the picturesque Cinque Terre, or take the train for a more leisurely experience without missing the stunning scenery.
- Relax in a local family’s garden surrounded by olive trees and vineyards and enjoy the local organic wine varieties produced by this family for centuries.
- Travel the romantic, winding waterways of Venice in a traghetto and lose yourself in the town's myriad alleyways – best done with a lot of time and no map.
- Visit the stunning Kornati National Park, the biggest and most incredible collection of islands in the entire Adriatic Sea, once described by playwright George Bernard Shaw as God’s special creation of tears, stars and breath.
- Experience the Sea Organ in Zadar, an incredible marriage of acoustical engineering and historical art with a shot of local liqueur as the literal cherry on top.
- Soak up hundreds of years of history in the Old Towns of Rab, Krk and Sibinek.