Explore the delights of Greece, plus a brief jaunt into Turkey, on this 16-day combined overland and cruising tour. This tour captures the ancient treasures, charming landscapes, sophisticated cities and turquoise coast that defines Greece. Wonder at the spectacular hanging monasteries of Meteora, dive into clear Aegean waters off the coast of uninhabited island Poliegos and stroll the cobbled streets of Santorini. Explore spectacular ruins with local guides, visit bustling white-washed old towns and unwind on the deck of your comfortable small ship with a drink in hand – this journey is a lesson in sun-soaked relaxation.
- Spend less time navigating and more time soaking up the history and majesty of Athens many sights under the guidance of a knowledgeable local.
- Experience a different side of Greece in the medieval village of Dimitsana, a seventh-century mountain village, and grab coffee with a monk at a nearby monastery.
- Indulge in freshly-baked pastries stuffed with cheese, hearty moussaka, grilled lamb, tzatziki and other local flavours in tavernas and small local restaurants.
- Watch the spectacular colours of Santorini’s famous sunset bathe the caldera.
- Get off the tourist trail with a stop in Amorgos, where a striking 11th-century monastery built into a cliff offers breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea.