Uncover the mysteries of the Aegean Sea – from tiny islands to iconic Santorini – on this 8-day adventure cruise through the Greek Islands. Aboard the old-world charm of the M/S Galileo, discover hidden coves and historical archaeological sites, picture-perfect towns and the finest Greek cuisine. Beginning in Athens, cruise to the incredible beaches of Poliegos, soak up the view of Folegandros from a traditional Greek tavern, and see the sun set across the dramatic caldera of Santorini. Visit quaint villages on Paros, swim in the beautiful bays of Mykonos, and encounter Greek mythology at the temple of Poseidon near Kythnos. Travelling on the paths of the Mediterranean Sea, relax in the indoor lounge and elegant dining room on the ship’s main deck, and take in sea views and fresh air from the sundeck and shady outdoor bar. This is the ultimate way to explore the Greek islands.
- You’ll see the Greek Islands’ classic highlights – like Mykonos and Santorini – but this trip also visits a few out-of-the-way ports that big cruise ships can’t reach.
- Unlike mega liners, which have to moor offshore, The Galileo can dock right in the centre of town. In places like Syros, you take one step off the gangplank and you’re surrounded by bars, markets and restaurants. You can hop on and off the boat as you please.
- Diving into the crystal clear waters of the Aegean Sea is a real treat. Our captain will drop anchor in a few secluded bays along the journey, so there’ll be plenty of opportunities for a swim.
- Your ship, the M/S Galileo, has been recently refurbished. The interiors are warm and comfortable, and there are three spacious outdoor decks – perfect for reading or catching some sun.
- For the budding archaeologists, this cruise includes a day trip to the historic island of Delos, including a guided tour from a resident expert.