The god Apollo himself was born on these islands, so could there be a more appropriate place for a holiday? The Greek islands are home to a wealth of ancient history, incredible food and sun-kissed locals eager to toast your arrival with a glass of ouzo. Soak up the million dollar views of the Cyclades while relaxing on Santorini, stroll through the lush gardens of Crete, and discover the old world charm of Mykonos’ famous white streets. Whether you’re searching for tumbledown ruins and ancient myths or simply a stretch of sand by the Mediterranean to read a book on, Greece has it all in spades.
- Enjoy two nights of excellent Cretan hospitality at the Halepa Hotel in Chania, our 'feature stay' on this trip. This gorgeous neoclassical building was used as the British Embassy in the 1800s.
- Take guided hikes through some of Greece most staggering landscapes, such as Santorini's famed caldera.
- Discover the local history with included visits to the Thira Prehistoric Museum and the mythical archaeological sites of Delos Island and Knossos.
- Stop over at a local tavern in the village of Vamos on Crete and enjoy a typical Greek moment with meze. Clink glasses with the locals and wash it all down with the traditional local white spirit, raki.
- Enjoy a sunset picnic overlooking the caldera away from the crowds. Indulge in local cheese, ham and bread, all complimented by a local grape variety and a world-class view.