Much like a fine baklava, modern day Greece is layered with history so rich and complex that the only way to do it justice is to see it for yourself. Learn how the spectacular hanging monasteries of Meteora protected modern Hellenic culture from invading Turks, then trace a path through tumble-down ruins in Delphi. Visit the site of the world’s first Olympics, stop in at pretty seaside villages in Nafplion, and discover the secrets behind a proper Greek coffee, all on this whirlwind adventure.
- Knowledgeable local guides take the hassle out of navigating Athens. Head straight for the most incredible ancient sites, such as the Acropolis and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Experience a different side of Greece by staying in the medieval village of Dimitsana at our 'feature stay', a gorgeous 7th-century township set on top of two hills and a gorge in little visited Central Arcadia. Share a coffee or 'Greek delight' with a monk during a visit to nearby Prodromos monastery.
- Visit the legendary theatres of the very first Olympic Games – the stadium, gymnasium, wrestling school, priest houses, temples and hippodrome.
- With magical monasteries built on a series of ancient rock pinnacles, Meteora is one of Greece's most extraordinary sights.
- Discover the many flavours of Greek cuisine. There's nothing quite like dining on rich and hearty moussaka or grilled lamb and tzatziki in a traditional taverna.
- Stop at the village of Galaxidi or Nafpaktos for a visit to a traditional family-owned bakery offering pastries, stuffed with cheese, spinach, chicken or potato, and the famous sesame round bread. Chat to the owner and get updated on the latest gossip.