Explore the beautifully rugged landscapes of Iceland’s western peninsulas with soaring coastal cliffs, centuries-old volcanic glaciers and idyllic waterfalls on a nine-day small group adventure. Enjoy a boat cruise between icebergs at Glacier Lagoon, trek around vast waterside craters, visit local artisans in Grundarfjordur and charming fishing villages, and dip your toes in the Arctic Ocean. See the highlights of Iceland with expert local knowledge and time to explore – you’ll get a true taste of this Northern European outpost.
- Witness the diversity of Iceland's natural phenomena – bubbling volcanic solfataras, rootless craters, glacial lakes and geothermal lagoons.
- Stunning no matter when you see it, Gullfoss is more than simply Iceland's largest waterfall, and in the sunlight, it’s graced by a dazzling rainbow!
- On your journey from Skaftafell, you'll drive through fields of lava created by Laki's famous volcanic eruption of 1783.
- Raise a glass to the stunning natural scenery with a schnapps and traditional Icelandic delicacy tasting overlooking the Arctic Ocean.
- Gain an insight into how the eruption of Eyafjallajokull volcano in 2010 has affected the lives of the residents in the Hvolsvollur Valley, and take part in their tree planting project to contribute to their environmental efforts.