Travel to the heart and soul of Ireland’s ancient east on a five-day regional escape from Dublin. Use the historic hub of Kilkenny as your base and get involved in the local Gaelic game of Hurling, watch a live sheep herding demonstration and cosy up in a pub for a lively group whiskey tasting. Cycle the converted Waterford Greenway and discover the river system from Bennettsbridge to Kilkenny on a leisurely hike with your guide. With a range of historic and active inclusions, plus all the hassle taken care of, Ireland’s countryside is all yours to experience.
- Learn the tricks of the trade at a local farm, with a live sheep herding demonstration and an insight into a rural way of life, plus a picnic lunch to soak it all in.
- Try your hand at the Gaelic game of Hurling – one of Ireland’s treasured national sports. After a city tour of Kilkenny, join a local team to hear about its ancient roots and give it a go yourself!
- Cycle through the lush Irish countryside as you explore the Waterford Greenway – a traffic-free trail built on a disused railway line – and hike along the River Nore to Kilkenny Castle.
- What’s Ireland without a drink at the pub? Join your small group in Kilkenny for a night of traditional live music and whiskey tasting, celebrating the best of the country.
- The charm and small-town feel of Ireland is hard to resist. With the option to extend your stay in Kilkenny or the lively and central Dublin, why not discover more of the country?