Indulge your appetite and treat the senses on this exquisite active journey through Italy’s Lakes district. Hike the forested paths around Lakes Como and Garda, cycle through the Dolomite highlands and simply admire the stunning views at every turn. Ferry to and fro between lake villages and charming villas, clamber about the crumbling ruins of medieval castles and spend a day experiencing the cosmopolitan atmosphere of Milan. Idyllic in setting, laid-back in lifestyle, and a gastronomist’s delight, this jaunt through one of Europe’s most charming regions shouldn’t disappoint. And if it somehow does, take the issue up with one of the local residents – like Sting or George Clooney.
- Spend your time immersing yourself into the tranquil lifestyle of Lake Como and Garda – admiring the views, getting active by the lake, and indulging in regional food and wine.
- Explore the beautiful villages, estates and gardens dotted around Lake Como, meandering the lake by ferry. Feel the fanciful vibe on the grounds of Bellagio's grand Villa Melzi, then see the shore from a kayak.
- Leave your bags at Milan’s central station and explore the wonders and urban history of this magical city while in transit between Como and Garda.
- Consider the option of taking a cable car up Monte Baldo – with varying degrees of mountain hikes available, or just to sit at the mountaintop restaurant for lunch, this experience gets you sky high above Garda.
- Have plenty of free time lakeside in Garda, perhaps taking up one of the water sports on offer or visiting nearby wineries in the Bardolino region.