Discover why the southern regions of Puglia, Basilicata and Campania are Italy’s newest food hot spots that everyone’s raving about. Explore breathtaking Bari, take in the sights of the cave city of Matera while learning to cook with the locals, sample olive oil and homemade wine at a small, family-run farm just outside of Rome, and munch mozzarella cheese, sip limoncello and learn to prepare the world’s best pizza in the place where it was born, Naples! This eight-day Italian culinary odyssey is set to get you salivating.
- Make lunch with a family that lives just outside of Rome, sampling homemade wine and olive oil before sitting down for a farmhouse-style feast.
- In Bari, join a local expert for a masterclass where you will learn to make Apulian focaccia and the famous orecchiette (little ears pasta).
- Lose yourself in the ancient cave-city of Matera, which sits dramatically on the edge of the Gravina gorge.
- Get your hands doughy in a cooking class by learning how to prepare the world's best pizza at its birthplace in Naples.
- Meet local producers in the region, learn about their crafts and sample the amazing food and drink heritage they've built.