For over a thousand years people have lived in this dramatic region, cultivating the steep hillsides and fishing the blue waters. Walk this magical part of Italy by day, and settle in for traditional feasts washed down with a glass or two of local wine at night.
- This trip visits not only the world renowned Cinque Terre region but also the Portofino Peninsula and all it has to offer
- Hike the area's most scenic trails, including parts of the classic coastal route, all under expert local guidance. The cliff-side houses and breathtaking coastal scenery of Cinque Terre make it one of the world's most romantic destinations
- Discover a swathe of medieval marvels, such as the castle and churches of Levanto and the Abbey of San Fruttuoso. Upon return enjoy all the amenities of your 'feature stay' hotel in Levanto, which includes a pool, a sauna and a wellness centre.
- Your local leader will take you to vantage points along the coast for the best photo opportunities, some of which you will not even find on the area’s post cards
- In Monterosso enjoy a wine tasting session at a local wine shop which includes a glass of sciacchetrà, a special wine only produced in the Cinque Terre area