Travel to Italy and explore the green heart of charming Umbria – mingling with pilgrims, eating delicious foods and seeing ancient sites along the way. Visit the most sacred places in Italy as you travel from Venice to Rome, via the ancient hilltop towns of Gubbio and Assisi. Encounter the religious and historical treasures of one of the most alluring regions in Europe on this delightful Italian adventure.
- Romantic Venice is like no other city in the world, a watery wonderland literally sinking under the weight of its iconic sights
- Explore the masterpiece medieval town of Gubbio – centuries of history around every corner and the requisite cobblestone streets, gothic palaces and churches, all with stunning views straight across the valley
- Ride a unique open-air cable car over picturesque Umbrian valleys and ancient ruins to a hill-top basilica
- Visit the birthplace of St Francis, Italy's second holiest city, to explore the imposing basilica built in his name
- If Italian cuisine is known for its simplicity and big flavours, no place does this better than rural Spello. Let Umbrian delicacies such as lamb meat balls with rosemary and porcini risotto whet your appetite
- No Italian adventure would be complete without a visit to Rome. Enjoy plenty of free time to discover the ancient Colosseum, stroll through Vatican City and gaze up towards the gods inside St Peter's Basilica