Turn the pages of Poland’s story as you journey to three of its most iconic cities: Krakow, Warsaw and Gdansk. This 7-day adventure will guide you through years of history to the captivating country that exists today. Discover medieval and soviet remnants in Krakow, take a sobering walk through Auschwitz and Birkenau, uncover the secrets of Polish food in Warsaw and learn about a time of revolution in Gdansk. Much like a good pierogi dumpling, the best bits of the country are found beneath the surface, and with a local leader to guide the way, you’ll discover a side of Poland few get to see.
- Discover the Orwellian neighbourhood of Nowa Huta – an alternative district in Krakow that showcases the communist influence in Poland.
- Explore Warsaw, a modern city with Gothic, neoclassical and Soviet-era architecture, and a soul of rich history and culture.
- Tuck into a Polish food tour, discovering the signature cuisine of this central European country, and wash it all down with a vodka tasting.
- Cycle through Gdansk on a bike tour, learning about the city’s history of oppositionist movements, and hear stories of how this important trading port has played a key part in Poland’s history.
- Take a sobering walk through the Nazi concentration camp in Auschwitz and Birkenau, joining a local guide to learn about WWII and Europe’s darkest days.