Carve your own path through Portugal and witness the iconic imagery that defines this western European haven. Full of grand cities, medieval villages and World Heritage sites, this is a charming country that has so much to offer: rich history, vibrant regional cultures, stunning landscapes and refined cuisine. With plenty of time to explore at your own pace, this seven-day adventure from north to south captures the authentic sides to picturesque Portugal.
- Gather around an upturned rustic port barrel for exclusive tastings of delicious cheese, meats, breads and (of course) port in Porto.
- Discover Portugal’s first capital and the birthplace of the country’s first king on a guided day tour of Guimaraes.
- Feel the royal heritage and the student-led vibrancy in the Old Quarter lanes and squares of the university town, Coimbra.
- Get an insight into Fado: an atmospheric amalgamation of music and poetry, and a very popular art form in Portugal.
- Soak up the glamour and the sun while winding along the stunning Bay of Cascais on a full-day exploration of Lisbon’s surrounds.