No longer Europe’s best kept secret, Portugal is the place to come for a European holiday with a twist. Full of grand cities, medieval villages and World Heritage sites, this is a charming country. Travel to Portimao for a day exploring the coastal caves before boarding the stylish Harmony V and discover the wonders of this coast. Learn Columbus’ history in Huelva then voyage to Seville to take in the world’s largest gothic cathedral. Onwards to Morocco for a tour of Tangier’s medina and a taste of mint tea before visiting famous Chefchaouen, the blue-washed city below the rocky Rif Mountains. Drop anchor in Puerto Banas to explore Ronda – dramatically set on top of a deep gorge – and dock finally in Malaga. With the flexibility to choose between cultural activities and sun-soaked leisure, this is a great choice for those wanting to experience the Iberian lifestyle and a dash of Morocco.
- Get an insight into Fado, an atmospheric amalgamation of music and poetry, a very popular art form in Coimbra.
- Soak up the glamour and the sun while winding along the stunning Bay of Cascais
- Feel the royal heritage and the student-led vibrancy in the Old Quarter of the university town of Coimbra
- Follow the smell of stinky cheese to the Comer e Chorar Por Mais – filled to the brim with delicious cheese, meats, breads and port. Huddle around an upturned port barrel on the shop floor for exclusive tastings in Porto
- Much like the first king of Portugal did, survey a landscape filled with history from the Palace of the Dukes of Braganza.
- Take in the natural beauty of the Algarve coast, with its jagged coastline cut with caves and grottoes.
- Slow the pace a little with some bird watching in Ria Formosa National Park, looking out for flamingos, herons and kingfishers.
- Spice things up in Seville, a melting pot of Moorish and Christian influences and the home of flamenco.
- Immerse yourself in the blue-washed buildings of Chefchaouen.