Peer into Russia’s past and present on this comprehensive tour through some of Russia’s less explored cities, towns of the famous Golden Ring as well as the jewels in Russia’s crown – Moscow and St Petersburg. Explore the marvels of this transcontinental nation, travelling east from Moscow to Yekaterinburg, and on to Siberia. Traverse a section of the Trans-Siberian Railway and explore the legends the past with visits to palaces, museums and Moscow’s iconic Red Square. Surround yourself with culture, history and breathtaking architecture and get beneath the surface of Russia on this ultimate 19-day small group adventure through such an endlessly intriguing country.
- Discover the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery and learn about history through the lives of the famous Russians who now rest here.
- Journey to Leo Tolstoy's estate at Yasnaya Polyana where he wrote his masterpieces War and Peace and Anna Karenina, plus enjoy a traditional lunch of his household recipes.
- Be wowed by the delicate carvings and craft of a Siberian shaman and folk artist in Tobolsk.
- Join in local life and customs as you share a meal in a Russian home in the fairytale-like Golden Ring town of Suzdal.
- Discover treasure-upon-treasure at the incredible art collection housed in St Petersburg’s Hermitage Museum – the former Winter Palace of Catherine the Great.